Each session will focus on specific chapters from the book Genetic Genealogy in Practice by Blaine T. Bettinger and Debbie Parker Wayne and will consist of a discussion of the chapter’s content, topics, and ideas along with a review of the chapter’s study questions.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how Orange County library card holders can get a copy of the book.
May 26, 2018 at 11:00 AM
- Chapter 1: Basic Genetics (pgs 3-9)
- Chapter 2: Genetic Genealogy, Standards, and Ethics (pgs 11-21)
- Chapter 3: Genealogical Applications for Y-DNA (pgs 23-43)
June 30, 2018 at 11:00 AM
- Chapter 4: Genealogical Applications for mtDNA (pgs 45-65)
July 28, 2018 at 11:00 AM
- Chapter 5: Genealogical Applications for atDNA (pgs 67-99)
August 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM
- Chapter 6: Genealogical Applications for X-DNA (pgs 101-112)
- Chapter 7: Incorporating DNA Testing in a Family Study (pgs 113-123)
- Chapter 8: Incorporating DNA Evidence in a Written Conclusion (pgs 125-132)
- Chapter 9: Conclusion (pg 133)