Join us for our genetic genealogy study group and learn how DNA test results can help to confirm, extend, and deepen your genealogical research. Each session will focus on specific chapters from the book Genetic Genealogy in Practice by Blaine T. Bettinger and Debbie Parker Wayne and will consist of a discussion of the chapter’s content, topics, and ideas along with a review of the chapter’s study questions.
Please send an email to email@example.com to find out how Orange County library card holders can get a copy of the book.
January 31, 2018 at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 1: Basic Genetics (pgs 3-9)
- Chapter 2: Genetic Genealogy, Standards, and Ethics (pgs 11-21)
- Chapter 3: Genealogical Applications for Y-DNA (pgs 23-43)
February 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 4: Genealogical Applications for mtDNA (pgs 45-65)
March 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 5: Genealogical Applications for atDNA (pgs 67-99)
April 25, 2018 at 6:30 PM
- Chapter 6: Genealogical Applications for X-DNA (pgs 101-112)
- Chapter 7: Incorporating DNA Testing in a Family Study (pgs 113-123)
- Chapter 8: Incorporating DNA Evidence in a Written Conclusion (pgs 125-132)
- Chapter 9: Conclusion (pg 133)